Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Days 265/365


I finally got to read Eat to Live, which has inspired my yummy breakfast you see here. After the first, I will start eating the Eat to Live way. I have needed to start eating healthier for a while now. I lost a bunch of weight on the protein shakes, but that is not the way to permanent weight loss. When I became a vegetarian, I figured my diet would improve on its own. And it did, to a point. I certainly ate a lot more veggies than I used to. But I still ate a lot of fat. It's easy to eat junk food. There usually isn't any meat in it! But I am tired of feeling sluggish. I felt so, so much better when I was not eating all the junk food. The holidays brought a lot of excess. And they are over now, thank God. And since Steve went vegan, there is a lot less junk in the house. And I eat very little dairy anymore. Of course, I've never been a milk person but cheese has always been my weakness. But even that has been cut way, way back since Steve stopped eating it. My grand-plan when I became a veggie was to eventually go vegan. I'm not sure I'm there yet, but with Eat to Live, there is no dairy, so I will cutting it out of my diet for now. Vegan is so much more than a diet though. It is a lifestyle. When Steve went Vegan, he donated all his leather shoes/coat to the needy. I haven't been able to give my shoes away. So I guess it is baby steps for now. Diet first, lifestyle second. I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I miss bananas! :(

    Eat To Live- will put that on my list. This three day weekend I'm gonna do almost nothing but read. :D

    Man how I know how easy it is to eat junky foods. Oye!

    oh man, give away shoes? You know, I was looking thru a victoria secret shoe sale catalog yesterday, and about 99.7% of them were leather, and although some looked really nice, they all turned my stomach. I hope I don't ever give in to buying new shoes that have leather. But to give away shoes I've been wearing for a couple of years already? That's a determination and mindset that I just don't have yet. Steve is pretty damn stellar. He's a living example of Awesomesauce.

    ReplyDelete