Thursday, April 1, 2010

Days 350/365


So we usually walk the dogs after dinner. On day 350 though, I decided that we should walk them before dinner. Not sure why I switched it up, but I did. We've been walking them separately, since we are doing a lot of training with them. I headed over to Laboring Sons Park with Maggie and I see a small, black dog charging us. I freak out, because Maggie HATES this. I scream at the other dog, trying to hold Maggie back, but the dog keeps charging. Suddenly, he/she is jumping on Maggie and she is really upset. I see then that it is a small puppy! Off a leash, no collar or tags. Full of energy. Jumping on me and Mags. I can't keep it off Maggie. I manage to call Steve and tell him to leave Ty at home and run to the park. I can't leave this baby puppy alone in a park on a busy road. He gets there and we leash her up. Steve takes Tyler home and we head over to Rick's to see if he knows who this puppy is. He doesn't. So we walk her around the neighborhood for about an hour and a half to see if anyone is looking for her. They aren't. We bring her home and call animal control. They take a really long time to call back and our dogs are going crazy with a puppy in the yard. I call/text as many people as I can that might be able to take her for the night. No luck. Finally, the nicest animal control dude showed up around 10:30 and off she went. I pray she found her home again or a new, loving one.

No comments:

Post a Comment