Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A new day!

So as my year is over, I have taken a few days off from pictures. I am deciding whether or not to do it for another year. I think I am because I have really enjoyed looking back over my last year in pictures. What a year it has been. There have been ups and downs.

By ups, I mean really amazing ups. Our trip to Bonnaroo, our trip to San Francisco, visiting LA and spending time with Chris, Andrea and Liz, seeing tons of live music, both locally and on our trips.

And by downs, I mean devastating downs. I lost my beautiful sister to a disease no one and no family should have to endure. Substance abuse is taboo subject. No one talks about it. Until I started telling people about my sister's struggle, I had no idea how many other people I knew had to deal with this same thing. People really opened up about their own families when they heard what mine had been through. My sister struggled for about 25 years. If anyone else is dealing with this, please know that I send you my love. It is not an easy fight. And it doesn't always have a happy ending, as I so abruptly found out.

Over the past year, I became a vegan after a few years of vegetarianism. A change which has brought me more happiness than you could imagine. I no longer just say "I love animals" as if that is enough. I am no longer contributing to their pain, suffering, death. I feel a sense of calm. I can't explain it. If you think to yourself, "I could never give up cheese (or milk or meat or whatever)", I am here to say oh yes you can. I don't think anyone was addicted to cheese as me. As I look back over my year of pictures, I am almost embarrassed by how many food pics i took! I eat better and more variety now than ever before in my whole life.

This year also saw Maggie with her broken hip and surgery. Such a tough time for such an awesome girl. So happy she is feeling better, but boy was it a long couple of months!

I also loved looking back at all the pictures of the fun I had with my friends. Love living in Frederick, love my friends!!

That all for now. Thanks for following along and stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment