Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 2/365


Steve and I are finally spending some time this weekend getting our yard in shape.  The winter was very hard on it and having two dogs running around has really messed it up.  And for some reason, my flower beds have become overrun by onions.  But not the yummy kind you can eat. Just the pain in the ass kind I have to weed out of my garden.  Today, I came to terms with the fact that while I love having a garden, I despise gardening.  Seriously.  Back aches, worms, weeds. Yuck.  Anyone want to come weed for me this summer?  Please?  Anyhoo, today's picture is of my lilies coming to life.  It makes gardening almost worth it.  Almost.  

2 comments:

  1. Just stick garden creation and maintenance on your honey do list! lol ;-)

    This reminds me of the first house Mike and I bought- the woman had FAKE FLOWERS in her gardens. LOTS of them. Gods it was awful. Just thinking about it makes me shudder LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, now thats an idea. Steve usually does most of the gardening, but it was such a massive project, I just couldn't leave it all to him. Plus he'd have been weeding until midnight!

    ReplyDelete