Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 86/365

July 3rd was a great day. Steve and I were both off work, which was great. We were supposed to go to the Purple Fiddle with Paul and Johnna, but with Maggie's injury, we couldn't go. I was sad, but she needed us here. So we made the most of the day. We went out to lunch then headed to the grocery store (don't we know how to have fun?). It was there that I found them most disgusting juice I have ever seen. Why does juice need meat in it? Clam tomato juice made me throw up a little.



We spent some time with our pack. Maggie finally seems like she is in less pain. She is starting to get back to being Maggie. Still three-legging it, but smiling and not whimpering. Here she is with her dad.




We headed down to the creek, where they were having the annual Boat Float and Drag Queen show. We were too late to see that boats (just like we were last year), but we did catch the drag show. It was actually kinda sad. Not the best queens. Here, judge for yourself. Madonna, Wynona, Janet Jackson and Cher:




Grabbed a yummy dinner at Cafe Nola, came home to spend some time with the family, then headed out to the Birthday Threeway PBR Dance Party. Sebastian is out of town, so there were only 2 birthday boys there (Shelton and Mike). The party was a lot of fun. More subdued than last years, but a lot of fun. Tommy Dean brought 2 year old Double Dog from The Flying Dog and it was GOOD. Potent, but good. We ended up getting home at 3 and in bed at 4. Not what I had planned. The dogs let up sleep until noon though. Actually, we had to wake them up! I missed the Farmer's Market, but other than that I am very happy I slept in. The birthday boys:

No comments:

Post a Comment